Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\\\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
The purpose of this postion is to join and contribute to a service conscious pharmacy team who will consistantly build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient , team member and company outcomes.
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including Hippa and Pseudoephedrine sales
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company and government requirements are met
- Assit with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner
- File written prescriptions daily
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to:
-\tsearch for patients and profiles
-\tdetermine dates of fill and pick-up
-\tdetermine prescriptions sent to Central Fill
-\tquote cash prices of prescriptions
-\tcheck on-hand counts of medications
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\\\$0
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- At least 18 years of age
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Cash Register
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Fill Station
- Ordering Machine
- Safety Cutter
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another – our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners – defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.