Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions. Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine. The Pharmacy Tech I is responsible for the interpretation and data entry of basic prescriptions, prior authorization processing, and troubleshooting adjudication issues. Primary duties may include, but not limited to:
- Verifies member information and inputs data for the pharmacists.
- Processes prior authorization requests from physicians’ offices and ensures compliance with all Medicare, regulatory and accreditation requirements; informs relevant parties of all prior authorization determinations.
- Provides resolution to grievances and appeals issues.
- Responds to inquiries from physicians, sales team, and members related to formulary and prescription benefits.
- Enters and maintains accurate prior authorization records
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
Pharmacy Tech I requires a high school diploma; 1 year of pharmacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current State Pharmacy Technician License and National Certification through PTCB required.
- Basic computer and written, oral and interpersonal communications skills required.
- Intermediate computer skills strong preferred.
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred.
- Medical terminology training, pharmaceutical terminology experience and/or experience in medical, insurance or pharmaceutical field are preferred.
This positions requires that you be available to work an 8 hour shift between 8am-9pm EST including weekends and holidays. It may also require mandatory over time at times.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.